- The US government requires a passport for everyone traveling to and from international locations by air.
- When traveling internationally, your passport MUST be valid at least six months after entry in-country. (NOTE: If your passport is set to expire within 6 months after our arrival date back in the U.S., you MUST get a new passport!)
- If you do not have a passport, you need to start the application process now! Passport processing time varies widely so donít put this off. Processing time could take up to 12 weeks or longer.
- Passport applications are available at your County Clerkís Office or some local Post Offices.
- You will need two regulation size passport pictures. Travel agents, American Automobile Associations, Wal-Mart, Walgreens and Kinkos are possible places to have your passport photograph taken.
- You will need a certified copy of your official birth certificate. Check with the health department in the county in which you were born if you do not already have this document.
- Current fee is $100.00 for ages 16 and older, $85.00 for under 16 years of age. Renewal fee is $75.00.